Job Title: Project Engineer
General Duties of the Job:
- Reporting to the Plant Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer has the responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned engineering projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates the technical and management aspects of the assigned engineering work. Monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and company standards. Prepares project engineering schedules and resource forecasts.
- Leads development of engineering project proposals. Monitors and controls project budget. Reviews and approves project invoices.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and requirements of any contracts are being satisfied.
- Uses technical knowledge and awareness of details to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensures the quality of the project deliverables and effective execution of project assignments.
- Accountable for the successful and on-time completion of engineering projects. Ensures projects are completed according to project plans.
- Prepares monthly project status reports and change orders; assures the accuracy of financial forecasts, which tie-in to project schedules.
- Participates in contractor meetings and resolves engineering and management project issues.
- Develops and implements supplier contracts. Responsible for performance management of vendors and contractors.
- Writes technical documents and utilizes CAD to develop drawings.
- Applies a wide range of design experiences and engineering expertise to capital projects in several departments of the plant. Analyzes design inputs, conducts trade-off analysis and makes design choices.
- Evaluates performance of mechanical, electromechanical, electrical, and other plant systems and makes recommendations for improvements and cost savings.
- Knowledge and adherence to safe work practices and environments. Maintains high level of safety among all employees throughout project process.
- Collaborates with OEMs, Design Consultants, Operations, and Maintenance personnel.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Preference of 5+ years of project engineering experience with responsibilities including equipment design, modification, installation, utilities, and facilities in a manufacturing or similar industry.
- Preference of 5+ years of experience with capital and expense project management to include: estimating and implementing projects, controlling project costs, developing bid packages, and selecting/directing contractors during project execution.
Special Skills Required:
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Proficient in the application of NEC, ISA, NEMA codes and standards
- Experience working with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Emphasis on execution of projects and achieving results.
- Team leadership skills. Able to lead effectively without formal supervisory authority.
- Must be able to execute detailed plans with tight timelines to meet growing market demands.
- Excellent problem solving techniques.
- Well-developed communication/interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work in a team and follow timelines.
- Strengths in motivation, collaboration, initiative, sense of urgency, quality awareness, and focus on internal & external customer satisfaction.
- Know how to put together a strong team and foster team discipline.
- Ability to build effective workplace relationships, motivate, and support personnel development.
- Know how to evaluate team effectiveness and how to improve its performance.
- Must be able to deal with conflict productively, bringing forth issues that need to be discussed and work to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Experience and ability with both mechanical and electrical projects
- Application and design of:
- Blown film
- Plastic extrusion equipment
- Bonding, ovens, winding, film converting (slitting), and packaging
- Thin film web-handling and tension control
- On-line analyzers and inspection equipment.