Celgard has extensive coating capabilities to complement and add functionality to our base film offerings. Various coating methods, types and thicknesses target specific requirements, including:
- Increased safety
- Heat stability
- Oxidation resistance
- Reduced shrinkage
- Electrolyte absorption and retention
- Reduced parasitic reactions
- Increased compatibility
- Improved manufacturability
- And more…
Celgard® base films can be coated on one or two sides and are available in Monolayer PP and Trilayer PP/PE/PP membranes.
Celgard is the inventor* of heat resistant ceramic coatings, which provide enhanced short prevention and excellent structural integrity at high temperatures.
Customers have come to rely on the high performance and reliability of our heat resistant separators, which offer:
- The ability to use a thin base film for maintaining overall separator thickness targets
- Improved dimensional stability at elevated temperature
- Oxidative stability
- Enhanced wettability
- Low Gurley for longer cycle performance
- Environmentally friendly water-based coating process chemistry
Celgard® membranes with heat-resistant coatings are available in thicknesses ranging from 12-24 microns.
*US Patents RE47520 and/or 6432586 and/or other Patents and/or Patents pending